- 500g plain Greek yogurt
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Tucker’s Natural Rosemary & Rock Salt Gourmet Crackers, to serve
- Home-made tzatziki is tangy and refreshing. Team with Tucker’s Natural Rosemary & Rock Salt Gourmet Crackers, marinated feta and olives for a pretty platter.
- Place the yogurt in a sieve lined with a fine cloth (muslin is fine or you can use a clean Chux) over a bowl and stand for five to ten minutes to allow the excess whey to drain away. Place the drained yogurt in a clean bowl and discard the whey.
- Coarsely grate the cucumber and squeeze out the excess moisture with your hands.
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, chives, olive oil and lemon juice and mix well. Season with salt to taste, then cover and place in the fridge for several hours or overnight to allow the flavours to develop.
- Serve with Tucker’s Natural Rosemary & Rock Salt Gourmet Crackers.