- 500g mixed mushrooms
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes, to taste
- ½ sourdough baguette, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Truffle Hill Truffle Oil, for drizzling
- Wipe mushrooms with a clean damp cloth if necessary, trim off any woody ends, and slice mushrooms thinly. If using shimeji, discard the base and leave mushrooms whole.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and a good pinch of salt, stir to combine well, cover and cook for 10 minutes or so, stirring often, until softened.
- Uncover, increase heat to high and cook for a further 5 minutes or so, until the liquid they’ve release has evaporated. Set aside to keep warm.
- Toast the bread then rub one side with the garlic, discarding the remaining garlic.
- Drizzle toast with Truffle Hill Truffle Oil.
- Toss parsley through the mushrooms, pile onto the toast and serve immediately.