- 500g pumpkin chopped into 1.5cm cubes (medium thickness)
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 250g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 4 tablespoons Pendleton Olive Estate White Truffle Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pendleton Olive Estate Pistachio Dukkah
- 1 egg, beaten Pendleton Olive Estate Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Garnish: freshly chopped parsley Baby rocket leaves Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the pumpkin pieces and garlic on the tray.
- Drizzle with 4-5 tablespoons of the Pendleton Mild Olive Olive Oil sprinkle with the Dukkah and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix the pumpkin pieces until evenly coated.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until tender then set aside. Add the ricotta and 200g of the feta cheese into a mixing bowl along with the White Truffle Infused Olive Oil and mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. *Tip: If your ricotta cheese has a dry consistency, loosen the cheese by adding in 4-5 tablespoons of milk.
- Cut your pasty sheets into 4 equal squares then place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly score a 1cm boarder around the square and place into the oven.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until puffed then remove from the oven. Using a pasty brush, brush egg wash over the pasty squares including their borders. Place a heaped tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto the inner square, pressing down the puff of the pastry gently whilst positioning mixture onto the square.
- Scatter with pumpkin and return to the oven to cook until the pasty is golden (approximately 15 minutes) Remove once baked and garnish with remaining feta, parsley, baby rocket and a drizzle of balsamic glaze